CRAFT opens two post-doc positions, for 2 to 4 years, starting in the fall 2010 or beginning 2011. CRAFT is an interdisciplinary research team as the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne
The persons to be hired should have experience into two out
of the following areas:
* HCI or CSCW, namely novel interfaces for teamwork: tabletops,
tangibles, paper-based interfaces
* Eye tracking methods, from a cognitive science viewpoint
* Robotics, namely human-robot interaction
* CSCL, namely empirical research on education
* Machine Learning, mostly its applications to real world problems
The persons will work, with PhD students, on one or more
* Dual Eye Tracking: understanding collaborative processes through
the use of two synchronized eye trackers
* Robotics for everyday life (in homes and schools)
* Tangible tabletop environment for training carpenters
* Interactive furniture for face-to-face collaborative work/learning
* Ambient awareness in large open spaces
is an interdisciplinary research team as the Swiss Federal
Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, one of the top
Universities in Europe. CRAFT belongs to the School of Computer and
Communication Sciences but includes also several cognitive scientists.
It is located in the fabulous Rolex Learning Center
(http://www.rolexlearningcenter.ch/). Working language is English.
Inquiries / *applications * to firstname.lastname@example.org.
20.10.2010 (but the sooner, the better)