eLearning Papers is looking for contributions on "Open Education: Changing Educational Practices". The 23st issue aims to further our understanding of the way in which open access and open educational resources impact educational practices.
The presence of open education has spread to hundreds of
educational institutions across the globe, in particular
centres for higher education and adult learning. Starting
with important initiatives demanding access to information
and spreading quickly into the making available of
educational resources, it has became clear that open
access is not only an issue of accessibility or
availability but also of institutional change and
innovation in teaching, studying and learning.
We specifically invite contributions which address one or
several of the following issues:
- Open education
- Open educational practices
- Quality and innovation through openness
- From open content to open courses to open institutions
- Impact of openness to bridging the educational and
- Peer-to-peer learning, validation and reviewing in open
- Assessment in open educational scenarios
- Culture Change through open education
- Stimulating and creating incentive for change towards
openness in education
- Digital literacy and practice enhancing openness in
The submissions need to comply with the following
- Submission language: English
- Title: must effectively and creatively communicate the
content of the article and may include a subtitle.
- Executive summary for In-depth section should not exceed
- Executive summary for From the field section should not
exceed 50 words.
- Keywords: up to five relevant keywords need to be
- In-depth full texts: articles should range from 4,000 to
- From the field texts: texts should not exceed 1,200
- Conclusions: special importance is given to the
representation of the conclusions, which should be clearly
stated both in the summary and at the end of the article.
- References: All the references must be adequately cited
- Author profile: author name, institution, position and
e-mail address must accompany each submission.
- Images: Please send high resolution JPEG files.
See the complete guidelines at:
The article submission closes on 15 January 2011. The
provisional date of publication is February 2011.
Guest editor: Ulf-Daniel Ehlers, Director of European
Foundation for Quality in eLearning