Call for Papers: Mathematical User Interfaces Workshop 2012, at the CICM conference, July 11th, Bremen, Germany.
The 7th mathematical user-interfaces workshop is a forum discussing how users can interact mathematically with the representations on a computer, how they can manipulate them to feel their mathematical nature, how knowledge can be communicated through computers.
It happens in the form of a peer-reviewed workshop with presentations and discussion, followed by an expo-like demo-session.
This workshop follows a successful series of meetings held along the Mathematical Knowledge Management conferences with a focus on actually experimentable user-intefaces.
- presentations on manipulation of mathematical knowledge
- workflow studies based on mathematical applications
- user studies on the effectiveness of interfaces
- interactive teaching and testing
- novel, original or downright funky interfaces to mathematics software
- interactive mathematics generally
We are seeking submissions of either papers on and/or demonstrations of user interfaces for mathematics. Videos, prototypes, mock ups and any other sort of demonstration are welcome!
Proceedings will be online.
Submission format: article of 3-8 (printed) pages, in PDF format only, which may include other electronic presentations such as videos or animations complemented by an abstract of less than 150 words.
- Submit a paper before or on May 23rd 2012
- Expect an answer on June 13th 2012
- Enjoy the workshop on July11th 2012
For submissions and further information, see the web-page: http://www.cermat.org/events/MathUI/12/
The workshop will be reviewed by the following persons:
- David Aspinall, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Paul Cairns, York, Great Britain
- Olga Caprotti, Helsinki, Finland
- Paul Libbrecht (organizer), Karlsruhe, Germany
- Paul Topping, Long Beach, USA
- Elena Smirnova, London, Canada