Call for Presentations, Papers and Posters: EUNIS 2012 is the 18th Congress in a series of international conferences within the framework of the European University Information Systems organisation (EUNIS). Vila Real, Portugal, 20-22 June 2012
EUNIS Congresses are international events that attract a large audience from Higher Education Institutions (HEI). They represent an opportunity for sharing of experience amongst international specialists, users, researchers, decision-makers, and teaching staff from all over Europe. Moreover, it is a very good event to present and publish the latest results of research, development, and deployment of Information Technology in HEIs.
The EUNIS 2012 Congress will be held in Vila Real, Portugal, on the 20th - 22thJune 2012 and is an excellent forum to present and publish the latest results of research, investigations and deployment concerning Information Technology in Higher Education Institutions.
Higher Education is a complex business, highly supported by Information Technology and Information Systems, linking together TEACHING, RESEARCH, and MANAGEMENT. The EUNIS 2012 Congress will address these three dimensions of Higher Education, unveiling an innovative 360° perspective on how IT and IS are key to the future development of Higher Education Institutions.
The EUNIS 2012 Congress's theme is "A 360° perspective on IT/IS in Higher Education" and its topics include but are not limited to:
· Research Computing
· Green IT
· Shared Services
· Cloud Computing
· Software as a Service
· Consumerisation of technology
· Environmental Sustainable Organisations
· IT Strategy, Governance and e-Administration
· IT infrastructure and integrated systems
· Technical and legal aspects of security
· Global networks, partnerships, and exchanges
· E-science and E-repositories, virtual libraries, virtual laboratories
· E-learning and mobile learning, virtual and distance education
· Advanced technologies and multimedia for learning and teaching
· Web 2.0 and social networking at the university
· Open software, content, access, innovation, standards
You are invited to make a submission to the Congress,in one of the aforementioned topics, for any of the following tracks:
· Scientific - presentation of research work and results in a paper session. Submission consists in a Full Paper.
· Technological - presentation covering technological aspects of the use of IT/IS in HEI. Submission consists in an Extended Abstract.
· Good Practices - examples of successive applications and deployments of IT/IS solutions in HEI. Submission consists in an Extended Abstract.
· Poster sessions - presentation of posters covering technological aspects or good practices. Submission consists in an Extended Abstract.
Accepted submissions will only be scheduled into the programme and included in the congress publications if the speaker registers for the congress. Full Papers will be published in the EUNIS 2012 Congress Proceedings Book and Extended Abstracts will be published in the EUNIS 2012 Congress Book of Extended Abstracts.
All congress sessions may be recorded and broadcast in a podcast format or may be streamed live. Submission of a paper/abstract implies agreement that the session may be recorded, broadcast and stored for the purposes of the EUNIS'2012 congress.
Suitable papers may be eligible for the EUNIS Jens Dørup E-Learning Award - see www.eunis.org/activities/tasks/doerup.html . The EUNIS Dørup E-learning Award was founded by the EUNIS Board in commemoration of the former member of the EUNIS Board of Directors, Jens Dørup. The award is given for the outstanding and innovative application of information technology (IT) in an educational setting in higher education. To apply to the EUNIS 2012 Dørup E-learning Award, please go to http://www.eunis.pt/index.php/submissions , download the specific template, and in the submission form choose the topic "*** EUNIS 2012 Dørup e-Learning Award ***".
Abstracts should be no more than 2 pages and full papers a maximum of 12 pages. For extended abstracts, you have to copy the text into the appropriate submission form field. For full papers, you can download the template in http://www.eunis.pt/index.php/submissions and then upload the file into the submission system. There will also be a commercial stream where relevant commercial organisations may make presentations to the congress attendees.
Extended Abstract submissions: 15J February 2012
Full Papers submissions: 15 February 2012
Authors notifications: 9 March 2012
Camera-ready Extended Abstracts: 30 March 2012 Camera-ready Full Papers: 30 March 2012
Early registration: 18 May 2012
Late registration: 22 June 2012
Congress: 20-22 June 2012
For more information visit www.eunis.pt.