TOPICS AND TRACKS
* Introduction to the experiential framework and to the design based learning
* Track one:
Bridging and integrating virtual and physical environments into learning place of the future
* Track two:
Personalization and contextualization of the learning experience
Monitoring, visualization and assessment of the learning experience
ORGANIZATION AND FACULTY
The school activities will organized and directed by:
• Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
• Carlo Giovannella, Iad School - Tor Vergata University of Rome, Italy
• Kinshuk, Athabasca University, Canada
• Demetrios G. Sampson, University of Piraeus, Greece
Several visiting experts will be involved in lecturing and practical activities.
Front-TEL School enrolment is in two phases:
* Phase 1: Preliminary application and selection
Every applicant must deliver a freeform description (max. 3 pages) including the following information:
- Subject of your studies and/or research interest and/or professional activity
- Goals of your studies and/or research and/or professional activity
- Track in which you wish to participate (please indicate also a second choice) and your expectations concerning the summer school.
- List of your publications (if any)
Send the freeform description in in PDF, RTF or Word format to Carlo Giovannella (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kinshuk (email@example.com)
Participants will be primarily selected in the order of preliminary enrolment if their subject of studies and/or activity is not suitable to
the theme of the Front-TEL School.
The maximum number of selected students is expected to be 30.
* Phase 2: Registration
Registration by “invitation”, on the basis of the results of the selection procedure
* March 30, 2012: Preliminary application
* April 20, 2012: Notification of acceptance and invitation to registration
* May 10, 2012: Registration Deadline
* Students and School Teachers: 300 euro
* Professionals and Researchers: 500 euro
Fee includes lectures, materials (partially only for use during the
school period), lunch and coffee breaks and e-book with school contents.
** Discounts for ICALT 1012 attendees are available **