Call for Chapters: Intelligent and Adaptive Educational-Learning Systems
Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies KES-Springer Verlang Book Series Makes a Second Call for Chapters Special book on: "Intelligent and Adaptive Educational-Learning Systems: Achievements and Trends
So this book is devoted to the interdisciplinary community at the frontiers of the fields of artificial intelli-gence, web technologies, education, pedagogic, psychology and cognitive sciences, who carry out rigorous research and applications devoted to the Intelligent and Adaptive Educational-Learning Systems. Where-fore, the book covers the basic theories, architectures, paradigms, approaches and case studies of such a field. Thereby, a chapter submission to the book must describe an advance with respect to one or more of the following topics:
- Pedagogical strategies and learning paradigms: scaffolding, blended, pervasive, mobile, situated, active,
- Teaching-learning modes: collaborative, group, inquiry…
- Exploratory environments: gaming, companions, agents…
- Underlying items: Content, hypermedia, authoring, sequencing, assessment, evaluation, student model…
- Methods for acquiring, constructing, representing and exploiting user and learning models;
- Education based on machine learning, natural language, data mining, ontologies, semantic Web, MAS …
- Dealing with subjective factors: metacognition, affect, motivation…
The main instructions are:
- All chapters will be rigorously peer-reviewed based on the quality: originality, relevance, organization, clarity of writing, support provided for assertions and conclusion,
and attractiveness to readers.
- The manuscript length is 25 pages.
- Account the manuscript’s format Springer T1_Book, whose guidelines
and template are available at http://www.springer.com/series/8767
- Contributors are expected to submit a 2-page chapter proposal based
on the T1_Book template
- Chapter proposal must be sent by a Word document to the guest editor
- The chapter proposal must contain: 1) title of chapter; 2) authors
(names, affiliations, contacts) of chapter;
3) chapter’s abstract (400 words, no more); 4) tentative content
- Authors are committed to buy at least one book with a special
discount and promote book worldwide .
The time schedule is:
- Chapter proposal due: November 15, 2010.
- Chapter proposal decision notification: December 15, 2010.
- Full chapter due: March 30, 2011.
- Full chapter decision notification: May 30, 2011.
- Camera-ready submission: June 30, 2011.
- Tentative book publication: January, 2012.