EC- TEL 2009 Fourth European Conference on Technology Enhanced. "Learning in the Synergy of Multiple Disciplines". Sept 29 - Oct 2, 2009, Cannes, France
CALL FOR DEMONSTRATIONS
EC-TEL is the leading European conference on theory in Technology Enhanced Learning, attracting an increasing number of participants from various communities and sectors.
In addition to papers and posters, EC-TEL 2009 is seeking demonstrations of novel TEL applications in various domains, as well as innovative enabling technologies and deployment infrastructures relevant to the main conference's topics of interest. The system demonstrations event is an opportunity for live interactive demonstrations with this audience in a relaxed social setting, providing hands-on access to real-world, proven-and-tested applications. We especially encourage industry and commercial demonstrations, as well as demonstrations complementing papers, workshops and posters at the conference.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND CRITERIA
* Demonstration submissions will be evaluated on the basis of their innovation, relevance, scientific contribution, and usability. Demonstrations that can be used by the audience and/or that interact with the audience are particularly encouraged.
* Demos should be brief so that they can be shown repeatedly during the session.
* Submissions must be in the form of a textual description of the demonstration to be given at the conference.
* Presenters are encouraged to bring their own laptops for giving demonstrations.
* Submissions should specify what support is needed for giving the demonstration (desk, PC 1-more, Internet, etc.)
Submissions should consist of:
* A 150-word summary of the demonstration in plain text. Please include title, demonstrator names, and affiliation(s). This summary will be used to compile a program for the demonstrations.
* A two-page summary of the technical content of the demo, to be distributed at the conference.
* A detailed description of hardware and software requirements, such as space, site set ups, power supplies. Demonstrators are encouraged to be flexible in their requirements (possibly with different demos for different logistical situations). Please state what you can bring yourself and what you absolutely must have provided. Each demonstration will be assigned a table in the exhibition area.
* A short description of the target audience for the demonstration.
* A URL for a demo storyboard. A demo storyboard would consist of 6 images or power-point slides depicting the various stages of the demo, e.g., 6 screen-shots from a software demo.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR DEMONSTRATIONS
* Proposals: *June 1st, 2009*
* Acceptance notification: June 21st, 2009
* Conference: October 1st and 2nd, 2009