Post-doc/Assistant Professor of Technology-enhanced Learning by CELSTEC
Post-doc / Assistant Professor of Technology-enhanced Learning (2x1,0 fte) Heerlen, (Limburg), 38 hours per week The Open University Of The Netherlands
The LEARNING MEDIA PROGRAMME is a new strategy programme of CELSTEC,
which goal is to establish innovative, challenging and pervasive ways
of learning and teaching that exploit the opportunities of emerging
digital media, media technologies and devices, that anticipate current
and future educational demands and needs, and create prototypical
solutions for those. You will be involved in R&D projects of
serious game design, mobile and contextualised learning, mixed reality
for learning or social media for learning. The work also includes
collaborative work with external partners at commercial or
semi-commercial conditions. Because of its media nature, the Programme
will adopt a content and communication perspective. The Programme
addresses the meso-level and micro-level of the arrangement, the
creation and delivery of learning content and the content-related
transactions and communications between educational system components,
learners, teachers and other actors. The Programme themes are 1)
Immersive Media, 2) Social Media and 3) Mobile Media, which all hint
strongly at rich media experiential learning and directly relate to the
unmistakable trends of rich virtualisations of life, user-generated
content as reinforced by web 2.0 approaches, and new portable devices
serving user mobility and contextualised learning, respectively.
In the LEARNING MEDIA PROGRAMME is a vacancy for a Assistant Professor
of Technology-enhanced Learning. The candidate will be involved in
R&D projects of serious game design, mobile and contextualised
learning, mixed reality for learning or social media for learning.
* University Graduate
* PhD in a relevant field
* Excellent skills in the field of education, learning, ICT and/or media development.
* Experience with media design, or media technologies
* Relevant papers in acknowledged scientific journals or conference contributions in the field.
* Past performance in the research and development of new and advanced learning technologies.
* Modelling skills with regard to educational systems design.
* Self management skills and co-operation skills.
* Excellent writing and presentation skills.
* Fluent at spoken and written English.
* Willingness to travel on a regular basis for international activities.